1. (TCO 1) Microsoft Visual C++ is an example of a(n) _____. (Points : 4)
C++ programming language
2. (TCO 2) Which characters make up the stream extraction operator? (Points : 4)
3. (TCO 2) Which of the following statements is not a C++ syntax rule? (Points : 4)
C++ is not case sensitive.
Blocks of code are defined by curly braces.
Statements must end with a semicolon.
Every C++ program must have a function named “main.”
4. (TCO 2) To assign a value 1 to variable x, you write _____. (Points : 4)
1 = x;
x = 1;
x == 1;
5. (TCO 3) What is the value of x after the following statement?
x = 3.0 / 4.0 + (3 + 1)/ 5 ; (Points : 4)
6. (TCO 4) _____ is often used in the design of a program to describe the program processing. (Points : 4)
7. (TCO 4) What is the decision symbol in a flow chart? (Points : 4)
8. (TCO 4) Programmers often write the if statement on two lines to visually separate the decision-making condition from its resulting action; however, only one _____ follows the entire statement. (Points : 4)
9. (TCO 5) In a count-controlled loop, the counter performs which of the following actions? (Points : 4)
All of the above
10. (TCO 5) When should a programmer select a do while loop for his or her program? (Points : 4)
When the programmer knows the exact number of times the loop will be executed
When the programmer knows the loop must be executed at least once
When he or she is not sure how many times the loop will be executed
There is no reason to select a for loop. Any loop can be used at any time.
11. (TCO 5) The while loop has two important parts: an expression that is tested for a true or false value, and _____. (Points : 4)
a statement or block that is repeated as long as the expression is true
a statement or block that is repeated only if the expression is false
one line of code that is repeated once if the expression is true
a statement or block that is repeated once if the expression is true
12. (TCO 5) A loop that is inside another loop is called _____. (Points : 4)
an infinite loop
a pretest loop
a posttest loop
a nested loop
13. (TCO 6) Debugging is like being a(n) _____. (Points : 4)
14. (TCO 7) Code written in a specific format to perform a single task or calculation is called a _____. (Points : 4)
15. (TCO 8) A value that is part of a function header is called a(n) _____. (Points : 4)
Write a Review
Leave a reply Cancel reply
Ask Your Question
We have verified professionals who are ready to answer your question.
Save Time and Money
We choose experts who can quickly answer your question and that suit your budget.
Get Your Answer
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. You can keep on asking questions until you get the answer you need.