1. Over your lifetime, the financial planning process needs to consider the normal changes in income patterns. Income normally
A. increases constantly over time.
B. increases peaks, and then declines.
C. peaks early, but then increases again.
D. declines constantly over time.
2. In your financial plan you also must consider debts. This part of your overall financial plan is called
A. asset acquisition planning.
B. savings and investment planning.
C. liability and insurance planning.
D. employee benefit planning.
3. You have set out to determine your consumption patterns. Which factor will have a significant effects on your future consumption?
A. Your current consumption level C. The price of gold
B. The level of interest rates D. The S&P 500 Index
4. To have a good financial plan, you must consider economic business cycles. The part of the cycle in which the economy begins to grow after an extended period of depression is
known as a(n)
A. depression. C. expansion.
B. recession. D. recovery.
5. Because of changing life circumstances, financial plans must be
A. rigid. C. redundant.
B. limited. D. amendable.
6. The ratio of liquid assets divided by current debts is the _______ ratio.
A. solvency C. net worth
B. debt service D. liquidity
7. Which of the following is the balance sheet equation?
A. Net worth = Current assets + Current liabilities
B. Net worth = Total assets + Total liabilities
C. Current assets + Other assets = Current liabilities + Other liabilities
D. Total assets = Total liabilities + Net worth
8. Part of your financial plan should include a short-term financial forecast of income and expenditures known as your
A. financial statement. C. financial plan.
B. budget. D. financial goals.
9. The income and expenditures statement is a measure of financial performance. After tracking income and expenses, the net result should be reflected in the cash position.
What happens to the cash position if expenses exceed income?
A. A cash deficit results. C. Liabilities exceed cash.
B. A cash surplus results. D. A liability deficit results.
10. The approximate present value of $1,000,000 20 years from now, with a discount rate of
A. $100,000. C. $350,000.
B. $215,000. D. $2,500,000.
11. Unchanging amounts of money, installed over an unchanging period of time, for a set total time period, make up a(n)
A. present value. C. annuity.
B. future value. D. compounding cash flow.
12. Which of the following words best describes the U.S. federal income tax structure?
A. Flat C. Regressive
B. Progressive D. Proportional
13. A variety of tax rates, tax credits, and tax deductions apply to your tax situation. When you’re evaluating additional income or deductions for tax planning, the tax rate that you must focus on is the _______ tax rate.
A. average C. marginal
B. effective D. total
14. Tax planning is an important part of financial planning. Which of the following is an acceptable and effective tax planning technique?
A. Delaying estimated payments to preserve cash flow
B. Eliminating sources of income
C. Inventing false taxable deductions
D. Shifting income to other family members
15. The approximate future value of $1,000 per year for 20 years, with an interest rate of 8%, is
A. $18,000. C. $88,000.
B. $46,000. D. $100,000.
16. Defining your financial goals must be done in terms of
A. automobiles. C. your profession.
B. the stock market. D. money.
17. Martha is 80. Her most important financial plan should concern her
A. career. C. estate.
B. taxes. D. insurance.
18. Typically, people with the lowest incomes tend to be
A. educated. C. young.
B. childless. D. middle aged.
19. Of the following, the most common budgeting period for individuals and couples is a
A. month. C. decade.
B. quarter. D. century.
20. Your total assets equal $20,000, and your total liabilities equal $15,000.Your solvency ratio
A. 15%. C. 75%.
B. 25%. D. 133%.
Write a Review
Leave a reply Cancel reply
Ask Your Question
We have verified professionals who are ready to answer your question.
Save Time and Money
We choose experts who can quickly answer your question and that suit your budget.
Get Your Answer
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. You can keep on asking questions until you get the answer you need.