1) A(n) ________ need is one that motivates the consumer but that the consumer
is reluctant or unwilling to explicitly verbalize.
2) The ________ is practiced most aggressively with unsought goods, goods that
buyers normally do not think of buying, such as insurance, encyclopedias, and
A) production concept
B) product concept
C) selling concept
D) marketing concept
E) holistic marketing concept
3) The strength of the ________ depends on the mutually profi table business
relationships built by the company and its supporting stakeholders.
A) sales network
B) supply chain network
C) integrated network
D) marketing network
E) holistic union
4) ________ activities include those the company undertakes to make the product
accessible and available to target customers.
A) Consumer behavior
B) New-product development
C) Market segmentation
D) Marketing research
5) Julia hates smoking and is willing to pay an extra tax just to help eliminate
smoking in her city. She is exhibiting ________ with respect to smoking.
A) latent demand
B) declining demand
C) negative demand
D) nonexistent demand
E) unwholesome demand
6) When Volvo runs advertisements suggesting that it is the safest car money can
buy, it is engaging in which of the following forms of marketing programming?
B) Public relations
C) Market segmentation
7) The firm should estimate its competitors’ costs and performances as ________
against which to compare its own costs and performance.
D) moveable standards
8) We can say that a ________ has three characteristics: (1) It is a source of
competitive advantage in that it makes a significant contribution to perceived
customer benefits; (2) it has applications in a wide variety of markets; and (3)
it is difficult for competitors to imitate.
A) core technology
B) winning strategy
C) core competency
D) business strategy
E) strategic business unit
9) Most large companies consist of four organizational levels: the ________, the
division level, the business unit level, and the product level.
A) strategic level
B) board of director level
C) corporate level
D) major stakeholder level
E) management team level
10) Which of the following terms matches to the phrase “it is a single business
or collection of related businesses that can be planned separately from the
rest of the company”?
A) growth business unit
B) diverse business unit
C) specialized business unit
D) niche market unit
E) strategic business unit
11) When a customer places an order at BookBox.com, the company processes
the customer’s payment information, sends the order to the nearest ware
house, and ships the order via FedEx. This is best described as the
A) new-offering realization process
B) customer acquisition process
C) customer relationship management process
D) fulfillment management process
E) market-sensing process
12) Through its cutting-edge point-of-sale inventory management technology and
highly efficient shipping practices, Wal-Mart is able to keep its inventory and
logistics costs extremely low and to pass these cost savings on to consumers
in the form of low prices. Wal-Mart’s strategy is best described as ________.
A) overall cost leadership
B) integrative growth
D) market development
13) According to the 2000 census, the U.S. population of 276.2 million was
72% white and ________ % African American. The remainder consisted of
Hispanic Americans and other minorities.
14)Consumer expenditures are affected by ________.
B) credit availability
D) all of the above
E) none of the above
15) Today, corporations need to make sure that they are good corporate citizens
and that their consumer messages are honest in order to positively align themselves
with consumers’ ________.
A) views of the universe
B) views of organizations
C) views of themselves
D) views of society
E) views of others
16) Elance.com is a service provider that allows contractors to describe their level
of satisfaction with subcontractors. This is an example of a(n) ________.
A) customer complaint site
B) combo site offering customer reviews and expert opinions
C) public blog
D) independent customer goods and service review forum
E) distributor or sales agent feedback site
17) In response to the U.S. income distribution trend toward ________, Levi-
Strauss introduced premium Levi’s Capital E line to upscale retailers and the
less-expensive Levi Strauss Signature line to mass-market retailers.
A) low and high incomes, with a shrinking middle income segment
B) very low and very high incomes
C) very low incomes
D) mostly low incomes
E) mostly medium incomes
18) William rose rapidly in his organization and was the youngest CEO in the
company’s history. William would be characterized as a ________.
19) If a marketing researcher wished to reach people who would not give personal
interviews or whose responses might be biased or distorted by the interviewers,
he or she should choose the ________ as the best way to reach people.
A) focus group interview
B) online interview
C) mail questionnaire
D) cell phone interview
E) telephone interview
20)The ________ phase of marketing research is generally the most expensive and
the most prone to error.
A) data collection
B) research objectives
C) questionnaire design
D) research planning
E) interview design
21) According to marketing consultant Pat LaPointe, the ________ measurement
pathway of the marketing dashboard reflects what marketers know about sales
volumes, the marketing cost per unit sold, and where and how margin is optimized.
A) customer metrics
B) unit metrics
C) productivity metrics
D) cash-flow metrics
E) brand metrics
22) There are several methods for assessing market potential. Which of these
methods do business marketers prefer?
A) Brand-development index method
B) Purchase-profitability index
C) Market-test index
D) Multiple-factor index method
E) Market-buildup method
23) As one marketing executive noted, ________ are “…the most cost-effective,
quickest, dirtiest way to get information in rapid time on an idea.”
B) in-store interviews
D) tele-us machines
E) focus groups
24) If a questionnaire says “Small college classes are better places to learn effectively: (choose) 1__ Strongly disagree, 2 __ Disagree, 3__ Neither agree nor
disagree, 4__ Agree, 5__ Strongly agree,” the researcher would be using which
of the following to discover data?
A) Thematic Appreciation Test (TAT)
B) Dichotomous question
C) Semantic differential
D) Likert scale
E) Multiple choice
25) ________ is the difference between the prospective customer’s evaluation of
all the benefits and all the costs of an offering and the perceived alternatives.
A) Failure avoidance rate
B) Perceived usefulness
C) Customer-perceived value
D) Report rating
E) Competitors’ market share rat
Ask Your Question
We have verified professionals who are ready to answer your question.
Save Time and Money
We choose experts who can quickly answer your question and that suit your budget.
Get Your Answer
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. You can keep on asking questions until you get the answer you need.