1) The following are all necessary in order to have a successful recruitment process EXCEPT:
a. having a full understanding of the job duties and qualifications.
b. identifying the best sources for recruitment.
c. having a recruiter, either internal or external, assist with the process.
d. designing a clear and accurate recruitment advertisement.
e. determining what outcome you are looking for.
2) Using a job posting system as a recruitment method:
a. allows organizations to provide internal career growth.
b. slows down the recruitment process because jobs are only posted on the intranet.
c. allows employees to apply for any internal job whether it is vacant or filled.
d. must be set up as a strict, formal process in order to be effective.
e. provides employers with access to the largest applicant pool.
3) All of the following are accurate regarding placing recruitment advertisements in newspapers
a. it is the most cost effective approach to external recruitment.
b. this method is not generally used when trying to recruit for a highly specialized position.
c. the cost per line of an ad may limit your ability to completely describe the job and the organization.
d. most employers place their ads in Sunday editions of large newspapers to reach a large
pool of applicants.
e. the Internet has had a huge impact on how much employers use newspaper advertising for
4) Using search firms to do your recruiting will produce the best results when the firm:
a. specializes in recruiting for positions within a specific industry.
b. provides HR consulting services as well.
c. writes your employment ads and places them in local newspapers.
d. requires a contingency agreement.
e. uses employee inventories to fill positions.
5) A recruiting agency which charges their clients based on the time they spend recruiting rather
than charging based on each person they hire is known as a(an):
a. private employment agency.
b. public employment agency.
c. on-demand recruiting services.
d. retained recruiting agency.
e. contingency recruiting agency.
6) All of the following are accurate about rehiring employees as a method of recruitment EXCEPT:
a. they are familiar with the company culture and would fit in right away.
b. not all rehires may be eligible to return to the organization due to being involuntarily
c. they know the job and would require limited training.
d. the administrative process to rehire them may be easier than hiring a brand new employee.
e. they would need to go through a more extensive recruitment process than other applicants.
7) Some pros and cons of using external recruiting sources include all of the following EXCEPT:
a. productivity is improved and there is less training involved when bringing in external
b. bringing in “outsiders” may help the organization see things differently.
c. specific competencies which are currently missing can be targeted when looking for
applicants outside the company.
d. it is generally more costly than internal recruiting.
e. bringing in “outsiders” may upset current employees who are turned down for promotions
8) When considering an organization’s strategy in the recruitment process, all of the following are accurate statements EXCEPT:
a. if the organization differentiates itself based on product quality they would want the
recruitment message to convey the importance of the applicant to have attention to detail
and process improvement skills.
b. if the organization is part of a rapidly changing industry the recruitment message needs to
explain that the applicant needs to be flexible and open to new ideas.
c. if pursuing a cost leadership position a recruitment method that may be emphasized is
d. the recruitment message should reflect the appropriate strategy in order to attract those
who will help it retain its competitive advantage.
e. if the organization is a discount retailer the recruitment message may focus more on what the employer has to offer versus what skills the employee has.
9) PQR Logistics spent $124,000 last year on recruiting two Warehouse Supervisors whose
salaries totaled $102,000. This information will give PQR which of the following recruitment
a. Hiring manager satisfaction
b. Yield ratio
d. Staffing efficiency ratio
10) PQR Logistics asked for information from their management staff about how timely the recruiters were at responding to their recruitment needs, whether they felt that quality applicants
were being interviewed and hired, and how the overall recruitment process was working. PQR
is using which recruitment metric?
c. Hiring manager satisfaction
11) Family Crisis Center had 100 applicants for its Executive Director position. Of the 100, 50
were identified as meeting the qualifications. Of those, 20 were received from the website ad,
18 were received from the newspaper ad and 12 came from employee referrals. Which
recruitment source had the best yield ratio?
a. Website ad
b. Employee referrals
c. Newspaper ad
d. Both A and B
e. None of the above because they did not reach a 75% yield ratio.
12) The selection process should involve all of the following EXCEPT:
a. identify which tests may be useful in selecting the best candidate for the job.
b. gather the information needed to make a good hiring decision.
c. create the list of the interview questions that need to be asked.
d. determine who will make the hiring decision.
e. decide which competencies are required to perform the job.
13) Bias can come in the form of all of the following EXCEPT:
a. the halo/horn effect.
b. KSAs validity.
c. impression management.
d. the contrast effect.
e. personal characteristics influence.
14) John is preparing for his upcoming interview by purchasing a new suit and getting a haircut.
Although he is typically a casual dresser and not so concerned with the way he looks, the day
of the interview he will be groomed and look professional. John is most likely practicing:
a. the halo effect.
c. the contrast effect.
d. impression management.
e. interviewer bias.
15) All of the following are correct in regard to structured interviewing EXCEPT:
a. it takes only a few minutes to determine if an applicant will be a good fit.
b. the process is more legally defensible should a claim of discrimination be filed.
c. better job-related questions can be asked to determine if the individual will be successful.
d. the same type of information is gather about all applicants making it easier to do
e. behavioral interviews are often more helpful in telling how the applicant has actually
handled situations in the past.
16) All of the following statements are accurate in regard to personality tests EXCEPT:
a. they identify counter productive behaviors by asking questions in an indirect way.
b. they should be used in conjunction with other selection tools to ensure good hiring
c. they are also referred to as honesty tests.
d. they are effective at evaluating the integrity of current employees.
e. “Have you ever felt controlled by someone else?” would be an example of a question on a
17) If using an in-basket exercise as a selection tool, all of the following may be included EXCEPT:
a. typing a memo to the board of directors.
b. prioritizing phone messages.
c. performing data entry of new vendor information.
d. making corrections to a client letter.
e. demonstrating facilitation skills by leading a group discussion.
18) In recruiting new CPAs, IOU Accounting Firm does first interviews, provides a competency
exam then brings the candidate back for a final interview. If the candidate does poorly on the
initial interview but scores high on the exam and does well in the final interview they may still
be a strong candidate for the position, based on the consideration given to each selection
method. This would be considered the:
a. core competency approach.
b. multiple-compensatory approach.
c. multiple-hurdle approach.
d. multiple-cutoff approach.
e. compensatory approach.
19) Having a culinary expert create a selection tool to test the knowledge of each applicant for the head chef position will create ________ validity. However, providing a tool which shows an
empirical relationship between the scores on the selection tool and customer satisfaction
scores will also demonstrate ________ validity.
a. content; concurrent criterion-related
b. concurrent criterion-related; construct
c. construct; predictive criterion-related
d. content; predictive criterion-related
e. construct; concurrent criterion-related
20) Keeping employees updated in regard to the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform their jobs is known as:
a. task analysis.
c. competency evaluation.
21) To prepare employees to possibly be promoted in the future, it is important for managers to
_________________ their staff so they are prepared to take on additional responsibilities.
22) During a training program on the new budget process, the accounting department provided
several spreadsheets of information to show examples of how the data would be organized with
the new process. Several of the managers commented on their training evaluation form that
they would have preferred to see some of the information in charts and graphs to better
understand what the numbers meant. The accounting department did not consider that some
of their trainees were ________________ learners.
23) All of the following statements are true in regard to self-efficacy EXCEPT:
a. those with high self-efficacy have high self confidence.
b. those with high self-efficacy may be over confident and not invest the appropriate time in
c. those with low self-efficacy may work harder to make up for their lack of confidence.
d. those with high self-efficacy are more likely to apply training back on the job.
e. those with high self-efficacy generally take longer to complete the training materials.
24) In order to change behavior, ethics training:
a. must focus on regulations related to ethical behavior.
b. should focus on developing an employee’s knowledge regarding ethics theories.
c. should include an evaluation where the trainee can provide feedback about how their
behavior has changed.
d. must explain the expectations that the organization has regarding what the appropriate
ethical behavior should be.
e. must be designed to include role plays which demonstrate good ethical behavior.
25) All of the following would be examples of training that may need to be completed due to
regulatory or compliance issues EXCEPT:
a. a deli must provide appropriate training to anyone who works a meat slicer due to safety
b. a dental practice must train all of its receptionists how to respond to phone calls in a busy
lobby area while protecting the caller’s privacy.
c. a legal secretary must be oriented to confidentiality policies and regulations as it relates to
handling legal documents.
d. a new employee must be trained in how to select the appropriate settings on a piece of
equipment so that it runs at its optimal performance level to achieve productivity quotas.
e. an HR Manager must be trained in the latest changes to the FMLA regulation so as to carry
out the leave request and tracking process appropriately.
Write a Review
Leave a reply Cancel reply
Ask Your Question
We have verified professionals who are ready to answer your question.
Save Time and Money
We choose experts who can quickly answer your question and that suit your budget.
Get Your Answer
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. You can keep on asking questions until you get the answer you need.