ADVANCED JAVA PROGRAMMING
FILES, STREAMS, AND OBJECT SERIALIZATION
1) Use the Java IDE to create a Java project that allows the user to open a text file (similar to the
one created in #1 above) and displays the contents. The program can be either a console
application or GUI application. The program should display the JFileChooser to allow the
user to supply the name and path for the text file. Below is a sample run of a similar
Enter the name to be opened —
— The contents of the file —
John Quincy Adams
Martin Van Buren
William Henry Harrison
— Done —
Edit and debug your program until it works correctly.
• Take a screenshot of the application running. Use ALT-PRTSCREEN to take a
screenshot of the window and not your whole screen. It is too hard to read if you take
a screenshot of your whole desktop and I will grade as if the item was not included
(see rubrics in Syllabus).
• Take a screenshot of the file you opened… the screenshot should be of some
windowed application that opens a text file (Word, OpenOffice, etc.) and shows
the data contained within the file.
• In any project that contains multiple windows or error messages that you are to
program, please include screenshots of those as well.
• Add these screenshot(s) to a Word (or OpenOffice) document.
• After the screenshot for the appropriate exercise, include the code you wrote to
accomplish the project.
Write a Review
Leave a reply Cancel reply
Ask Your Question
We have verified professionals who are ready to answer your question.
Save Time and Money
We choose experts who can quickly answer your question and that suit your budget.
Get Your Answer
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. You can keep on asking questions until you get the answer you need.