CVP Analysis Lawn Master Company, a manufacturer of riding lawn mowers, has a projected income for 2010 as follows:
Variable expenses $32,200,000
Fixed expenses 7,500,000
Total expenses 39,700,000
Operating Profit $ 6,300,000
1. Determine the breakeven point in sales dollars.
2. Determine the required sales in dollars to earn a before-tax profit of $8,000,000.
3. What is the breakeven point in sales dollars if the variable cost increases by 12 percent?
Budget for a Merchandising Firm: Kelly Company is a retail sporting goods store that uses an accrual accounting system. Facts regarding its operations follow:
• Sales are budgeted at $220,000 for December and $200,000 for January, terms 1/eom, n/60.
• Collections are expected to be 60 percent in the month of sale and 38 percent in the month fol-lowing the sale. Two percent of sales are expected to be uncollectible and recorded in an allow¬ance account at the end of the month of sales. Bad debts expense is included as part of operating expenses.
• Gross margin is 25 percent of sales.
• All accounts receivable are from credit sales. Bad debts are written off against the allowance account at the end of the month following the month of sale.
• Kelly desires to have 80 percent of the merchandise for the following month’s sales on hand at the end of each month. Payment for merchandise is made in the month following the month of purchase.
• Other monthly operating expenses to be paid in cash total $22,600.
• Annual depreciation is $216,000, one-twelfth of which is reflected as part of monthly operating expenses.
Kelly Company’s statement of financial position at the close of business on November 30 follows:
Statement of Financial Position
November 30, 2013
Cash $ 22,000
Accounts receivable (net of $4,000 allowance for doubtful accounts) $76,000
Property, plant, and equipment (net of $680,000 accumulated depreciation) $870,000
Total assets $1,100,000
Liabilities and Stockholders’ Equity
Accounts payable $ 162,000
Common stock $800,000
Retained earnings $138,000
Total liabilities and equity $1,100,000
1.What is the total of budgeted cash collections for December?
2. How much is the book value of accounts receivable at the end of December?
3. How much is the income (loss) before income taxes for December?
4. What is the projected balance in inventory on December 31, 2010?
5. What are budgeted purchases for December?
Write a Review
Leave a reply Cancel reply
Ask Your Question
We have verified professionals who are ready to answer your question.
Save Time and Money
We choose experts who can quickly answer your question and that suit your budget.
Get Your Answer
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. You can keep on asking questions until you get the answer you need.