Explain what effect the following transactions would have on cash and how they would be shown in a cash flow statement.
1. A $2,000,000 piece of equipment is purchased with the proceeds of a new 12-month note.
2. Mortgage bonds are retired with $790,000 cash and the proceeds of an issue of 150,000 shares of common stock.
3. $2,000,000 of inventory is purchased on account.
4. A dividend of $0.25 per share is declared on the 750,000 outstanding shares.
5. A piece of machinery is sold for $1,500,000 cash. When originally purchased, it cost
Anwat $5,000,000, and currently has $2,500,000 of accumulated depreciation.
Write a Review
Leave a reply Cancel reply
Ask Your Question
We have verified professionals who are ready to answer your question.
Save Time and Money
We choose experts who can quickly answer your question and that suit your budget.
Get Your Answer
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. You can keep on asking questions until you get the answer you need.