1. Suppose a corporation’s bonds have 8 years remaining to maturity. In addition, suppose the bonds have a $1000 face value, and the coupon interest rate is 7%. The bonds have a yield to maturity of 10%. Compute the market price of the bonds if interest is paid annually.
2. Assume that you are considering the purchase of a 15-year bond with an annual coupon rate of 9.5%. The bond has face value of $1,000 and makes semiannual interest payments. If you require an 11.0% nominal yield to maturity on this investment, what is the maximum price you should be willing to pay for the bond?
3. Consider some bonds with one annual coupon payment of 7.25%. The bonds have a par value of $1,000, a current price of $1,125, and they will mature in 13 years. What is the yield to maturity on these bonds?
4. What is the yield to maturity for a zero coupon bond that matures in 14 years if the bond is selling for $530.00? Assume the maturity value of the bond to be $1,000.
5. A bond carries a 9 percent coupon, pays interest semiannually, and has 10 years to maturity. What is the bond’s yield to maturity if the bond is selling for $937.75 (rounded to the nearest whole percent)?
Write a Review
Leave a reply Cancel reply
Ask Your Question
We have verified professionals who are ready to answer your question.
Save Time and Money
We choose experts who can quickly answer your question and that suit your budget.
Get Your Answer
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. You can keep on asking questions until you get the answer you need.