1. The ability to independently learn new technologies as they emerge and assess their impact on your work and life is called ________. (Points : 4)
computer assisted learning
2. Which of the following is part of an IS personnel’s systems knowledge and skills? (Points : 4)
alternative development methodologies
cabling and network interface cards
3. Information property focuses on ________. (Points : 4)
the authenticity of information as well as responsibility for informational errors that harm people
information that has been encrypted by the owner to make it unaccessible to others
information a person or organization has the right to obtain about others
who owns information about individuals and how information can be sold and exchanged
information an individual should or should not have to reveal to others in the workplace
4. Outsourcing has seen a huge increase because of the ________. (Points : 4)
increase in advertising costs
increase in decentralization
decrease in telecommunication costs
increase in the cost of raw materials
decrease in transportation costs
5. ________ is the use of locations closer to the home country in terms of geographical, political, linguistic, economic, or cultural distance. (Points : 4)
6. Uploading enables individuals to ________. (Points : 4)
access sensitive information on the Internet
copyright information available on the Internet
be producers of information instead of mere consumers
permanently remove information available on the Internet
save information found on the Internet onto their personal computers
7. A firm that enjoys high degree of global integration and local responsiveness is pursuing a(n) ________ strategy. (Points : 4)
8. Which of the following statements is true about firms pursuing a home-replication strategy? (Points : 4)
They focus on their domestic customers’ needs and wants and merely export their products to generate additional sales.
They attempt to achieve economies of scale by producing identical products in large quantities for a variety of different markets.
They leverage the flexibility offered by a decentralized organization while at the same time reaping economies of scale enjoyed by centralization.
They have a need to create integrated networks between the home office and the multiple local subsidiaries.
They develop products for the global market.
Glasco Hardware Co. is a multinational firm that manufacturers hardware components for companies like Dell, Sony, and Toshiba. Glasco has seen steady growth for the past 3 years and cites its decision to start manufacturing firms in developing nations as the primary reason for its steady growth, even during recession.
Which of the following statements, if true, would imply that Glasco implements a multidomestic business strategy? (Points : 4)
Glasco’s top managers have a global view and look for the best approaches and people regardless of origin.
Glasco’s top managers have the view that employees in the host country know the best work approaches and practices for running their business.
Glasco’s top managers believe that the best work approaches and practices are those of the home country.
Glasco’s top managers ignore others’ values and customs and rigidly apply an attitude of “ours is better than theirs”to foreign cultures.
Glasco’s top managers believe that people in foreign countries don’t have the needed skills, expertise, knowledge, or experience to make the best business decisions.
10. Which of the following actions distinguish firms pursuing a transnational business strategy? (Points : 4)
responding to global challenges and opportunities quickly
exerting strong control over its subsidiaries
standardizing product offerings to achieve economies of scale
responding to local challenges and opportunities quickly
striking a balance between centralization and decentralization
11. Tele’Wire, a mobile manufacturer, offers free connections to customers who buy its mobile phones. This cost of connection is actually included in the price of the mobile phone. Tele’Wire is pursuing a(n) ________ approach to applying freeconomics. (Points : 4)
zero marginal cost
12. While pursuing a global business strategy, the ________ prohibit(s) the implementation of local strategies, and thus a global company cannot quickly react to local challenges and opportunities. (Points : 4)
threat of new entrants into the market
increased bargaining power of suppliers
threat of substitute products from other industries
need to achieve economies of scale
increased bargaining power of customers
13. In ________ networks, servers and clients have defined roles. (Points : 4)
14. The operating system of a computer is an example of a(n) ________ software. (Points : 4)
15. Which of the following tasks is performed by the application software? (Points : 4)
presenting information via a monitor
writing a business letter
saving data to a disk
updating the system clock
16. The CPU interacts with ________ for permanently storing data. (Points : 4)
17. Which of the following is true about the graphical Web browser Mosaic? (Points : 4)
It made the tracking of IP addresses possible.
It allowed users to open and use more than one Web page simultaneously.
It is the basis of popular browsers such as Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
It initiated file sharing on the Web.
It provided users with references or links to other documents.
18. A(n) ________ is also referred to as the computer’s brain. (Points : 4)
19. Which of the following types of computer software utilities monitors users’ incoming e-mail messages and filters unwanted messages from arriving? (Points : 4)
disk and data recovery
spyware detection and removal
20. Which of the following statements is true of a bus network topology? (Points : 4)
The configuration of bus networks facilitates easy diagnosis and isolation of network faults.
In a bus network, every computer and device is connected to every other computer and device.
A bus network has the most complex wiring layout.
Extending a bus network is more difficult to achieve than it is for other topologies.
A bus network topology enables all network nodes to receive the same message through the network cable at the same time.
21. Google’s Linux-based operating system for mobile devices is known as ________. (Points : 4)
22. Which of the following programming languages allows programmers to easily add a command button to a screen with a few clicks of a mouse instead of programming the button pixel by pixel and using many lines of code? (Points : 4)
Web development languages
visual programming languages
prototype-based programming languages
23. Which of the following is an example of presentation software? (Points : 4)
24. Which of the following functions do scripting languages perform? (Points : 4)
laying out or formatting Web pages
checking the accuracy of user-entered information on Web pages
automating or supporting activities throughout the information systems development process
developing applications in high-speed arcade graphics
creating animation and video that can be compressed small enough for fast download speeds
25. Which of the following input technologies has been historically used for entering text and numbers on computers? (Points : 4)
Ask Your Question
We have verified professionals who are ready to answer your question.
Save Time and Money
We choose experts who can quickly answer your question and that suit your budget.
Get Your Answer
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. You can keep on asking questions until you get the answer you need.