We would like to find out if there is a linear relationship between the age and vocabulary. The table shows the ages (in years) of seven children and the number of words in their vocabulary.
1) Find the correlation coefficient between these two variables and interpret the result.
2) Sketch a scatter plot ad find the equation of the regression line.
3) Interpret the coefficients of the regression line.
4) Use the regression line to predict the number of words in the vocabulary of a children having 5.5 years.
5) Compute the coefficent of determination and interpret the result.
6) Test for the slope of the regression line using 𝛼=0.05.
7) Based on question 5 and 6, is the regression line a good fit? Explain